320 kbps, LAME-encoded
LP version comes as strictly limited 180g vinyl, just available in the STRUT Webstore
Strut kicks off its 2013 release schedule with the first definitive overview of one of the most revered, open-minded and influential labels of the 1980s, Celluloid Records, on February 26th.
Formed by Jean Georgakarakos in Paris during the late '70s after a decade co-running French record shops and the spiritual jazz label BYG, the label gathered steam following Karakos' fateful early '80s trips to New York. After a chance meeting Bill Laswell who had himself landed fresh in the Big Apple from Michigan, Karakos began releasing the full spectrum of Laswell's early work, from the avant-rock cacophony of Massacre to his fluid, dance/post-punk production outfit, Material.
Digital Track List
- 1 Day Tripper Shockabilly 3:43 Buy
- 2 Killing Time Massacre 2:51 Buy
- 3 Télé, Après La Météo Ferdinand 3:29 Buy
- 4 Disco Rough (Long Version) Mathematiques Modernes 4:44 Buy
- 5 Day Breaks, Day Heals Thomas Leer & Robert Rental 3:57 Buy
- 6 Living In Vain Snakefinger 3:40 Buy
- 7 Downing Street Rock Winston Edwards & Blackbeard 4:38 Buy
- 8 Sport Lightnin Rod 2:35 Buy
- 9 The Escapades Of Futura feat. The Clash Futura 2000 6:50 Buy
- 10 Wildstyle Time Zone 8:18 Buy